Of course, we all know Florida offers sunshine, great theme parks, and beaches.
Did you know that one-third of Florida’s land is dedicated to citrus, ranching and other farming? Have you ever kayaked a river or fished in one of the hundreds of lakes in the state? Or taken in a sporting event? The NFL, MLB, NASCAR and collegiate sports offer sporting options for every type of fan. Whatever you like — except snow skiing — Florida’s got it!
Discover Florida beyond the theme parks — your vacation awaits!
Use these guides to plan your next Florida vacation — beyond the theme parks!
- Mission San Luis: Award winning, Colonial Williamsburg of the south!
- Outdoor adventures: Whether by air, land or water, Tallahassee’s got it all (even “mountain” climbing)
- Tampa Overview: Why it’s a great place to vacation
- Tropicana Field, St. Petersburg. Tour the “Trop,” home of MLB’s Tampa Bay Rays
- Tampa in a Day: Itineraries based on children’s age groups
- Ybor City: Tampa’s Cuban history lives on in this charming neighborhood
- Tampa’s Mardi Gras in January: Gasparilla Week and Children’s Gasparilla Parade
- Museums: Tampa Bay History Center
- Convenient Downtown Hotels: Courtyard Marriott and Downtown Accommodations