Post contains affiliate links for which I receive a small commission.
Here it is! The 2016 Holiday Gift Guide for family travel and it’s a good one! We’ve got the best of the best — holiday gifts for every member of the family, even Fido! And, if you’re road tripping over the river and through the woods, we’ve got a holiday gift guide section for road trips, too. After all, happy kids make happy trails. Right?
As you scroll down the holiday gift guide, just click on the picture to learn more about an item. We would love it if you share this guide with friends on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest, too! You can even forward this post by email if Santa needs a little help making his list!
Happy shopping! Happy holidays!
- Lightweight luggage for air travel — never pay excess weight baggage fees again.
- Packing cubes to organize everything in your bag, just in case TSA needs to take a peek.
- The cutest makeup bag around — with a thoughtful design and waterproof cover.
- Leather, RFID passport sleeve with room for credit cards — keep your information safe while traveling.
- Ultra-light travel day pack — to carry souvenirs on the trip home or for day trips and excursions.
- Canon complete DSLR camera and accessories to capture all your memories.
- A GoPro HERO5 to record your adventures — and it’s waterproof to 33 feet!
- Cable organizer — to keep cords, plugs and memory cards in order. No more tangled mess!
- Cross-body tech companion bag for hands free fun on the go.
- Universal USB plug adapter for international travel.
Kid Stuff for Road Trips
- Cube teaser to keep little hands busy and minds engaged.
- AquaDoodle Travel Edition mess-free fun for preschoolers.
- Road trip BINGO to entertain the whole family.
- Melissa & Doug Trip Talk Box of Questions — never run out of things to talk about again.
- Backseat car organizer to keep all the kids’ stuff together. Great for mom and dad too!
- Noise canceling bluetooth headphones for quiet travel.
- SCOTTeVEST pack jacket for frequent travelers.
- Lightweight hammock for outdoor adventures.
- Portable exercise bands to stay fit on the road.
- Sasquatch soap in travel container.
- Versatile pashmina — a light blanket for travel or wrap for evenings.
- Travel tote shoulder bag to keep carryon items organized and accessible.
- World map watch for your favorite world traveler.
- BPA-free water bottle to stay hydrated on the road.
- Lightweight raincoat that’s as fashionable as functional.
- Space-saving, collapsible food and water bowls.
- Car Seat Cover and Pet Travel Hammock for safety and convenience.
- Traveling with your pet guide — everything you need in one handy place.
- Front pack pet carrier for smaller dogs who can’t hike the whole trail.
- Airline approved pet carrier for your furry companion.
And a few more favorites
- The Lumsing USB desktop charger with 5 ports — great for family travel. No more hunting for available outlets in hotel rooms — this has a separate spot for everyone in the family! A special offer for Family Travels on a Budget readers: Use code JKVFEB48 at checkout to get $4 off this item through December 4, 2016. (Discount provided by supplier)
- SAFEGO Portable Lock Box Safe with Key and Combination — my favorite travel accessory for 2016! Take this safe to the beach, the pool, or the park. It locks around a table leg, beach chair or fence post (or whatever else you can think of). Store cell phones, wallets and car keys in the safe to enjoy family time without clutter. Click the image to learn more — this really is a great invention!
- World Map Scratchable Personalized Traveler Wall Poster — a fun way to track your family travels. Scratch off each destination as you visit to uncover the world map below. Where have you been? Where do you want to go next?