Hello readers! I’ve been using the Magellan MiVue 480D Dashcam for the past few days to see what I think… and well, I love it! It’s a nifty little piece of technology that’s actually easy to use. I am 50 years old. If I say it’s technology that’s easy to use, it is. 🙂
About the Magellan MiVue 480D Dashcam
The Magellan MiVue 480D Dashcam is a portable dashcam that attaches to the windshield and records the road as you drive along. This particular model has a front and rear camera. You can play back and watch recorded footage on the 2.7″ display of the front camera or download it to your computer. You can also rotate the front camera to record what’s happening inside the car!
Through the years we’ve seen some pretty funny stuff on road trips — like the guy playing a full drum kit at the edge of the road in his underwear! By the time we realized what was happening, he was behind us so I didn’t get a photo. I would have loved video of that to prove we really saw it.
But the safety features are really what make the Magellan MiVue 480D Dashcam such a great gift — for yourself or someone else. Some of my favorite features are:
- GPS, Time, Speed and Date Data: All recordings display GPS location using latitude and longitude, time and speed for accurate event recording.
- Lane Departure Warning: Visual and audible warning notifies the driver if they are wandering out of their lane.
- Forward Collision Warning: Visual and audible warning alerts drivers if they are getting too close to the car directly ahead.
- Driver Fatigue Alert: Receive an audible alert that it is time to switch drivers, or if driving alone, take a break and relax. Driver’s select the amount of time they can drive before being reminded. (I just read that being 3 hours short on sleep is like driving while legally intoxicated. Your body is that slow to respond. EEK)
- Speed and Traffic Camera Alerts: Avoid costly tickets by receiving audible and visual warnings of fixed red light and speed cameras along your route Drivers are able to add locations to the unit’s internal database.
As much time as I spend on the road, I appreciate the extra “help” the Magellan MiVue 480D Dashcam provides. I have a feeling my husband and I will have fewer debates about safe driving, too! To learn about all the safety and tech features, head over to the Magellan website.
As to pros and cons, I love the features and ease of use. I appreciate that it does not block my view when driving. The only drawback, and my husband agrees, is that the initial camera adjustment is very difficult to do. The pivot joint is really tight and I felt like I was going to break the camera before I got it properly adjusted. Of course, the flip side is once you get it set, it’s secure.
Magellan MiVue 480D Dashcam Giveaway!
In partnership with Magellan, I am thrilled to offer you a chance to win a Magellan MiVue 480D Dashcam! This product retails for $299.99 — wouldn’t it be great to win! Good luck — and drive safe!
PSST…. if you know someone who should enter this giveaway, be sure to pass the post on to them. OKAY?
For more information, follow Magellan on social media:
- Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/
- Twitter – https://twitter.com/
- Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/
I received a free product for purposes of this review and giveaway. All opinions are my own.