The popularity of cruise vacations continues to rise, offering budget to luxury options. The wide array of cruise options makes choosing the ideal cruise vacation more challenging. Use these posts to help you make the best cruise choice for your family.
Cruising 101: Guide for first time cruisers
Cruising, while quite popular, can be overwhelming for the first-timer. This guide walks you through every aspect of the cruise experience so you can cruise like a pro — even the first time out!
- • First: Choose the right cruise.
- • Second: Pack like a pro with these time tested and travel approved cruise packing tips.
- • Third: What to expect when checking in at the cruise terminal (including what NOT to do!).
- • Fourth: Wondering if you’ll be bored on board? Read our beginner’s guide to sea days!
- • Fifth: Which shore excursions should you take? Should you book your own or use the cruise line’s recommended excursions? Read this post and plan with confidence.
- • Sixth: Learn insider tips and tricks to make disembarkation easy! (Yes, unfortunately, you have to go home).
Cruise Line Reviews
Carnival Cruise Lines
- • Carnival Fun Ships Kids’ Programs
- • Carnival Fantasy review — sails from Charleston, SC
- • Carnival Cruise Line’s stage shows — behind the scenes info on how a stage show comes to life.
Disney Cruise Line
Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Shore Excursions by Destination
Ardastra Gardens (Zoo and Gardens) in Nassau
More great cruising tips
- First Cruise?: Use these 5 tips to pick the right one
- Want to know what to expect? 5 More First Time Cruise Tips
- Selecting the Right Cruise Line: Choose the Best Cruise for Kids
- Cruising on a Budget: Four tips to enjoy a Budget Family Cruise
- Budget advice from a pro: 5 Money Saving Cruise Tips
Outside articles with more great information
- Cruising with baby? Cruise Critic provides a great summary of which cruise lines offer the best for baby.