Vacation fun in Grapevine, Texas
Grapevine, Texas knows how to celebrate summer! Besides incredible local artisans, fabulous restaurants and Texas-size hospitality, Grapevine’s summer activities are designed for super-sized family fun. Here’s just a sampling of the fun Grapevine has lined up for you this year.
1. Friday Night Fireworks Over Lake Grapevine
The Friday Night Fireworks over Lake Grapevine light up the night sky every Friday at 9:30, kicking off the weekend with flair! (Pun most definitely intended!!!) This weekly show can be viewed on the rooftop of the parking garage at Gaylord Texan Resort, as well as parks around Lake Grapevine. You can download the show music at www.GrapevineTexasUSA.com/Summer.
A special fireworks celebration is scheduled for the 4th of July. The 32nd Annual July 4th Fireworks Extravaganza is set to patriotic music to celebrate America’s birthday.
2. Experience the New York Hall of Science’s Human Plus: Real Lives + Real Engineering
3. Explore The Smithsonian’s Evolving Universe
4. Catch the Great Train Robbers on the Grapevine Vintage Railroad
5. Watch “Hansel & Gretel” Come to Life at the Palace Theatre
6. Dream Big With The Grapevine Opry Show
Looking for a way to stay cool this summer? The Grapevine Opry Show’s “Dream Big Kids Summer Blast” show at the Palace Theatre, 300 S. Main St., features kids ages 5-18 performing 1950s pop tunes, including young Elvis impersonations, songs from popular children’s films including “Cars,” “Despicable Me” and “Frozen.” Shows are scheduled most Saturdays at 3 p.m.
Adults haven’t been left out! The Grapevine Opry Show’s evening performances, featuring country favorites to popular hits, comedy and gospel, which family members of all ages will love. These performances take place most Saturday nights.
7. Trail Riding at Austin Ranch
8. Celebrate Grapevine’s Earliest Settlers at Nash Farm
On June 14, Nash Farm also hosts Dairy Day. Celebrating National Dairy Month, guests learn where milk comes from, get to milk a goat, make hand cranked ice cream and churn butter. Wagon Rides are also available for $1 per person. Admission for Dairy Day is free.
9. Sail Away on Lake Grapevine
10. Land-lubber fun at Lake Grapevine
Lodging options in Grapevine, Texas
Grapevine, Texas is home to 20 different hotels, each offering something different for your Grapevine getaway. Many of these hotels offer summer getaway packages, making your vacation more affordable — and more fun! To find the right hotel for your stay, check out these special summer offers.
To beat the Texas summer heat, consider a stay at one of these luxury hotels. (BUDGET TIP: Stay at these hotels for a couple nights to start or end your vacation and enjoy the fabulous amenities, but spend the rest of the week in a more “traditional” hotel.)
- • Gaylord Texan Resort’s Paradise Springs. Beyond the decor, onsite restaurants and luxurious amenities, the watermark here offers a 10-acre resort pool and lazy river. Super summer entertainment includes live music, family entertainment, culinary events, and pool parties.
- • Great Wolf Lodge. The Great Wolf Lodge in Grapevine offers an 80,000 square foot watermark, with slides, rides and a lazy river. This resort also offers MagiQuest, Scoops ice cream shop, a kid-friendly spa, and dining options. The waterpark is available only to resort guests (arrive early and stay late — the changing rooms are great). Read our family review of Great Wolf Lodge Charlotte to learn more about the pluses and (very few) minuses.
More information on Grapevine, Texas
For more information on the Grapevine Summer Blast, visit the Grapevine CVB online. You can learn more using social media #GVSummerBlast on twitter and Facebook.
For more information on restaurants and other activities in Grapevine, read this article.