What do you get when you mix creative college students, Krispy Kreme doughnuts and a four mile race? The Krispy Kreme Challenge, of course! For the unenlightened who have never heard of the Krispy Kreme Challenge, watch this video…. It’s got something for everyone, sugar junkies and adrenaline junkies both!
Beyond the Krispy Kreme challenge, Raleigh and surrounding communities have more to offer the adrenaline junkie! Visit the Raleigh CVB to discover itineraries to keep you busy for days.
Not sure you’re an “adrenaline junkie?” Check out these fabulous activities in the Raleigh area. There’s at least a smidge of adrenaline junkie in us all.
- Take a morning stroll (jog, hike, bike or run) through the 164 acres at the Museum Park at the North Carolina Museum of Art.
- Visit the NC Sports Hall of Fame, especially if your family includes a sports fanatic!
- Cheer on Raleigh’s NHL Hurricanes and get a photo with “Stormy” too.
- Play a round of golf after dark at Knight’s Play, as if golfing one of the areas 40+ public courses during daylight hours isn’t enough!
- Learn to stand-up paddle boat on Lake Wheeler. If you prefer you can fish, kayak, canoe, or sail the lake instead.
- Enjoy a boat tour on Jordan Lake. Triangle Boat Tours offers sunset cruises, daytime cruises, and even pirate cruises for the whole family.
- Stroll on the Buffalo Creek Greenway, which offers stroller friendly paths for families and a peaceful look at nature in nearby Smithfield.
Throughout the year, the region hosts other races including the Raleigh Marathon and the Rock’n’Roll Marathon coming to the city in April of 2014. I could go on… how about if you check this resource to discover more wonderful adrenaline inducing activities here? We’re so passionate about sports and activities, that area hotels and events have partnered together to offer special savings packages tailored to adrenaline junkies.
Yesterday, I explained how the local CVB site will help you discover activities in your own backyard that you never knew existed. Thanks to Raleigh’s CVB page, I discovered several new things for our family to do, including paddle boarding on Lake Wheeler, the NC Sports Hall of Fame and the Jordan Lake Boat Tours. Y’all, I’ve driven all the way to Tampa, Florida for a pirate festival… who knew the pirate’s life is here in my own back yard? Let the summer planning… BEGIN! Arrrghhh!
What’s the best adrenaline junkie attraction where you live? Please share in a comment below (include city, state/province/country) or share on Facebook. Happy travels.