Today’s post on using a vacation bucket list comes from my friend Heather, also known as Sweet Momma over at “Adventures with Four.”
over! But, there is still plenty of fun left to be enjoyed before the busyness of fall is upon us.
know what to do. Do you know what you want to do?” You won’t end vacation wondering how you managed to watch four episodes of Say Yes to the Dress, glued to the couch in your hotel.
- Enjoy a self-guided hike to check out the hoodoos
- Splish splash in the resorts outdoor salt-water pool
- Ride the horses
- Take a dip in the hot spring
- Pack a mountainside picnic lunch
- Watch the wildlife (It turns out we saw a bear, mountain sheep, deer, squirrels and a bat.)
- Swing the golf clubs at the resort course
At check-in, the resort provided a free activity guide that offered a ton of great ideas that we didn’t even know were available to us!
- Experience the art of chocolate tasting *yummy!* (Sample over 14 different chocolates from various producers and regions of the world. Learn all about the nuances of the cacao bean and chocolate production)
- Create some free time using the little chef’s day camp (1/2 day camp)
- Find the “stolen church.” I can’t even remember where I heard about the “stolen church” but apparently it’s just down the road in Windermere (this is for real!)
- Take in a yin yoga class
- Visit the Local farmers market. (We saw the mad hatter and some belly dancers.)
- Swim in a mountain lake (Brrrr…. It looked cold!)
- Build bottle rockets and launch them
- Go rock climbing
- Make beeswax candles
- Investigate the fun of geocaching
- Watch the sun set over the mountains