Review of TownePlace Suites Hotels in Fayetteville, NC
My husband and I just took a much needed break from the 24/7 world of life with kids. We love them dearly, but a weekend getaway for couples is good every now and then. So, when the Fayetteville Area Convention and Visitors Bureau (“Fayetteville CVB”) invited us for a getaway, we said yes!
I worked closely with the Fayetteville CVB to plan the trip, starting with which of the Fayetteville hotels to stay at. Then we planned outdoor dining and activities that fit our comfort level at this time.
We stayed at the TownePlace Suites by Marriott — Fayetteville Cross Creek, one of the all-suites hotels in Fayetteville, NC that’s convenient to I-95, great dining and Fayetteville area attractions.
This was a complimentary visit for purposes of this review, but all opinions are mine.
Overview of TownePlace Suites by Marriott — Fayetteville, NC
The TownePlace Suites by Marriott in Fayetteville, North Carolina is an all-suite hotel, offering spacious rooms with a number of homey amenities.
We had a king suite. The room opens into the kitchen, which has a refrigerator/freezer, cooktop, dishwasher, dishes, coffee pot and toaster. A coat closet just inside the front door provided convenient storage for our cooler and grocery bags.
When you’re looking for hotels in Fayetteville, NC, this one offers lots of space, useful amenities and a location convenient to I-95.
Beyond the small kitchen, the room opens up with a king size bed on one side and a sofa and desk area on the opposite wall.
If looking for hotels in Fayetteville, NC, this one is great for space, especially for family travel on a budget.
The bathroom is large, with a spacious closet, vanity with drawers and counter space, and a tub/shower combo.
What to expect from your stay at TownePlace Suites in Fayetteville
The entrance is open and airy, with a check in area and a self-service market area, you know… in case you forget something.
Our experience at TownePlace Suites, Fayetteville hotels
After checking in, we went to our suite, which was on the third floor.
The bathtub was clogged and didn’t drain well, but hotel staff came to fix it promptly.
We only stayed for two days, so the small bottle of shampoo, soap, toilet paper and dish soap were plenty for our stay. The room only had two towels and washclothes, plus two hand towels, which was also enough for our stay.
Breakfast at Towneplace Suites
During our stay, they were only offering a brown bag breakfast due to heightened health concerns. I can’t report on what the regular breakfast is like.
There’s lots to see and do near the TownePlace Suites in Fayetteville
The TownePlace Suites by Marriott Hotels in Fayetteville, NC is a convenient hotel for people visiting the Fayetteville area. It was a great “home base” for our weekend getaway to Fayetteville.
For travelers passing through or passing through on I-95, this is a good place to stop overnight. The rooms are large and comfortable. (By the way, if you’re tired of traffic on I-95, we highly recommend Hwy 301, the scenic route, that parallels the interstate.
There’s a Sam’s Club and Walmart by the hotel to stock the kitchen if you need it.
Great restaurants near the hotel
Luigi’s Italian Chophouse and Bar at 528 N. Mcpherson Church Road, Fayetteville, NC; Phone: 910-864-1810, with patio dining in addition to their indoor dining room and carry out options,
Mash House Brewing Company at 4150 Sycamore Dairy Rd, Fayetteville, NC; Phone: (910) 867 9223, with patio, indoor and carry out available,
Fayetteville Pie Company at 253 Westwood Shopping Center, Fayetteville, NC: Phone: 910-483-4097. Open 11-3 Monday through Saturday, the Fayetteville Pie Company offers sweet and savory pies for dine in and carry out.
There are many other restaurants nearby, including chains and fast food and more.
Outdoor attractions near the Fayetteville TownePlace Suites inlcude:
- ZipQuest Waterfall and Treetops Adventure — a ziplining course that takes you through the trees over Cross Creek.
- Fayetteville Rose Garden on Hull Road, at Fayetteville Tech, a small, formal rose garden with fountain — a great place for photos or to relax for a bit.
- Carver’s Creek State Park — a newer state park on land donated by the Rockefeller family. Enjoy the easy trail, fishing and learn some history in the process.
- Cape Fear Botanical Garden — with formal gardens, historic gardens, a trail along the Cape Fear River and a children’s garden, there’s much to enjoy here.
Book your stay with TownePlace Suites in Fayetteville
To book a stay at the TownePlace Suites by Marriott or any other Marriott property, click here.
- The TownePlace Suites Fayetteville address is 1464 Skibo Rd, Fayetteville, NC 28303,
- The phone number for TownePlace Suites Fayetteville is (910) 764-1100, AND if you have questions about safety policies or amenities at this time, call,
- Amenities at TownePlace Suites include kitchens and free WiFi. When fully operational, the hotel also offers a hot breakfast, pool and workout facility.
- Pets are welcome at TownePlace Suites in Fayetteville.