Whether you’re looking for Cozumel shore excursions for your Caribbean cruise or planning a Mexico vacation to the Cozumel area, there are so many things to do in Cozumel!
Cozumel is an island just off the coast of Mexico, close to the popular tourist areas of Tulum, Cancun and Playa del Carmen.
After several trips to Cozumel, twice on Royal Caribbean, once on Celebrity and twice for a Mexico beach vacation, we have found some great Cozumel shore excursions that are easy to book on your own.
NOTE: When booking Cozumel shore excursions, make sure you read the description carefully for where to meet your guide and for their policies about ship boarding times.
Table of Contents
- Cozumel Shore excursions to enjoy the beach
- Cozumel Shore Excursions for adventurers
- Cozumel shore excursions for families
Cozumel Shore excursions to enjoy the beach
Picture yourself relaxing on Cozumel beaches, with the tropical breeze and Caribbean blue sea. Sound perfect?
Then a Cozumel shore excursion to the beach is just the thing for you!
Here are some great Cozumel shore excursions to consider.
Cozumel: Paradise Beach Exclusive All Inclusive Day Pass
Enjoy your Cozumel shore excursion at this nearby beach.
Swim, relax, eat and play with this “all-access” pass to the Paradise Beach Club.
Your pass includes all-you-can-eat options at either of two restaurants or oceanside with food and beverage service. Choose from tacos, salads, shrimp, burgers and more. This pass includes mojitos for adults.
Your pass includes access to the heated swimming pool, lounge chairs, a wide, sandy beach, restrooms, showers and changing rooms, and free WiFi.
Other activities offered at Paradise Beach Club are not included with your beach day pass, but can be purchased separately. These include the floating water park, kayak and paddle board rentals, banana boat rides, parasailing, massages and lockers. Coconut drinks and wine are also an extra charge.
- ADDRESS: Carretera costera sur km 14.5, Zona hote77600 Cozumel Quintana Roo
- TICKETS: Reserve tickets online in advance. (FREE cancellation. Read terms at booking.) Adults, $70.31; Youth (12-17), $49.44; Children (5-11), $42.85. Ages 4 and under are free and do not need a ticket.
This Cozumel shore excursion does not include transportation to the beach, but taxis are readily available and it’s a quick 11 minute cab ride down Quintana Roo C-1 to Paradise Beach Club. And, since this is a tourist area, it’s easy to get a ride back to the ship. An advantage here is you can leave the ship when you’re ready and return to the ship whenever you want.
Cozumel Private Beach, All-Inclusive Day Pass
For an exclusive, private beach Cozumel shore excursion, this is the day pass to get!
Your ticket includes admission to Playa Uvas, a private beach located within the Chankanaab Marine National Park with food and all activities included.
For dining, you’ll enjoy an open bar from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., enchiladas, quesadillas, fajitas, burgers and tacos.
Activities include full access to the property, including beach loungers, a swimming pool, hammocks and beautiful, tropical grounds. Other activities include 30 minutes on a kayak, and a 30 minute guided shore snorkel tour including life vest, mask, fins and snorkel.
Because the number of people is limited each day, book early! This highly rated Cozumel shore excursion regularly sells out!
- ADDRESS: 45 Av Nte Corner with 14 Av Nte77600 Cozumel Quintana Roo
- TICKETS: Purchase in advance and bring a printed copy with you. (FREE cancellation. Read terms at booking.) Adults (12-99), $60, Children (11 and under), $40.
- IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT SUNSCREEN: Only biodegradable sunscreen may be used while snorkeling and is available for purchase on site. SAVE when purchasing before you go.
This Cozumel shore excursion does not include transportation to the beach, but taxis are readily available and it’s a quick 10 minute cab ride down Quintana Roo C-1 to Playa Uvas. And, since this is a tourist area, it’s easy to get a ride back to the ship. An advantage here is you can leave the ship when you’re ready and return to the ship whenever you want.
Cozumel All-Inclusive Beach Adventure with Snorkeling
This all-inclusive Cozumel shore excursion beach adventure includes snorkeling at the second largest coral reef barrier in the world.
Your beach and snorkeling adventure in Cozumel includes all gear: vest, fins, goggles and snorkels plus a safety training session. You’ll see marine life and tropical fish swimming among the coral reef.
After snorkeling, lunch is provided including guacamole, chicken, beef, vegetables, corn chips, fries and other foods. Soft drinks, juice and water are included, as well as two beers per adult.
Spend the rest of your Cozumel shore excursion relaxing on the beach under a shaded palapa as you take in the beautiful scenery.
Kids will enjoy a sandy beach and playground at the shore.
Before you leave, take a stroll through the botanical gardens and enjoy the beauty of the blue lagoon, a treasure of the Mayan culture that once called this place home.
This is one of the highest rated Cozumel shore excursions for families with younger kids for many reasons: it’s close to the cruise port, has good food and plenty to entertain kids all day long.
The park does close at 5:00 p.m., so don’t choose this shore excursion if you arrive late to the port.
- ADDRESS: Chankanaab Beach Adventure Park, C2V4+GP San Miguel de Cozumel, Quintana Roo.
- SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS: Arrive at the main palapa, go to the access door and ask for Omar from MJ’s Dive Shop.
- TICKETS: Purchase tickets online in advance. (FREE cancellation. See terms at booking.) Adults, $44.77; Children (3-17), $37.35; Infants (0-2), Free.
This Cozumel shore excursion does not include transportation to the beach, but taxis are readily available and it’s a quick 10 minute cab ride to Chankanaab Beach Adventure Park. And, since this is a tourist area, it’s easy to get a ride back to the ship. An advantage here is you can leave the ship when you’re ready and return to the ship whenever you want.
Cozumel Shore Excursions for adventurers
There’s lots more to see and do in Cozumel than “just” the beach, though the beach is great!
If you’re looking for something more adventurous, these Cozumel shore excursions are a great choice.
Cozumel Private Buggy Tour with Lunch and Snorkeling
This private buggy tour in Cozumel has it all! Stop at a tequilera where you’ll learn how tequila is made.
Then you’ll drive your open top buggy to the beach to see rock formations, wide sandy beaches and off-road paths.
Next, head to remote part of the island to see its unspoiled, natural beauty.
Finally, drive through the forest to the Caribbean sea where you’ll have time to snorkel, relax on the beach and enjoy lunch.
This five hour tour is self-driven, so one lucky member of your traveling party must have a valid driver’s license to drive the buggy.
One thing people really like about this tour (87 reviews with a 4.7 rating) is how it can be personalized. If you want to spend more time doing a particular activity, you can.
- ADDRESS: Guide will meet you at a designated spot at the cruise port.
- TICKETS: Purchase tickets online in advance. (FREE cancellation. See terms at booking.) Adults (ages 11-99), $79; Children (ages 4-10), $69; Infant (0-3), FREE.
- SPECIAL NOTE: Someone in your group must have a valid driver’s license.
Cozumel ATV Adventure to Jade Cavern
This is one of the most adventurous Cozumel shore excursions!
On this 3.5 hour tour, you’ll drive your own ATV through the heart of Cozumel’s jungle. Narrow paths make for a wild, and sometimes muddy, ride where you can really test your ATV skills.
This Cozumel ATV adventure makes a stop at Jade Cavern to enjoy a swim in the cenote.
The tour includes all safety gear and bottled water. Be sure to wear comfortable clothes and CLOSE TOED SHOES for this adventure.
- ADDRESS: 9284+H7P El Cedral, Quintana Roo, Mexico
- MEETING TIME: 30 minutes before your tour. Be sure to book an excursion that gives you plenty of time to get off the ship and get a taxi to the meeting spot at least 30 minutes before your tour.
- RESTRICTIONS: Children under age 10 are not allowed. Not recommended for people with heart conditions, mobility impairments, diabetes, epilepsy or other pre-existing medical conditions.
- TICKETS: Purchase tickets online in advance. (FREE cancellation. See terms at booking) Price: $120 per person.
This Cozumel shore excursion does not include transportation to the meeting spot, but taxis are readily available and it’s only a 20 minute cab ride to Cozumel. And, since this is a tourist area, it’s easy to get a ride back to the ship.
Private Cozumel ATV and Ziplining Adventure
Spend the day in Cozumel’s jungle as you drive your ATV through the forest and then soar through the jungle canopy.
On this private jungle tour in Cozumel, your guide will meet you at a designated point near the cruise terminal 10 minutes before your scheduled tour time.
The tour begins with an information and safety briefing where you’ll learn how to drive your ATV. On your drive through the jungle, you’ll learn about Mayan culture, see caves and cenotes.
Then, you’ll soar through the forest canopy on your zipline tour that includes five different towers and offers wide views of the lush jungle before heading back to the cruise port.
This three hour tour is not for people with the following conditions: pregnant, mobility impairments, fear of heights, people over 331 pounds, or people with severe insect allergies.
- MEETING PLACE: Guide will meet you at a designated spot near the port.
- RESTRICTIONS: Not for people who are pregnant, have mobility impairments, are afraid of heights, weigh over 331 pounds, or have severe insect allergies.
- TICKETS: Purchase private tour tickets online in advance. There are multiple tour times each day, so make sure the tour you choose works with your ship’s schedule. (FREE cancellation. See terms at booking.) $151.06 per person.
Cozumel shore excursions for families
Cozumel, Mexico is a diverse area that offers beach, city and jungle adventures. Some Cozumel shore excursions are better suited to families with kids, tapping in to kids’ imagination and natural love for animals.
Cozumel Manatee Encounter at Chankanaab National Park
Families with kids ages 8 to 15 (and kids at heart) will thrill at the opportunity to swim with manatees at Dolphin Discovery-Cozumel.
The Manatee Encounter Cozumel shore excursion starts with a short introduction from your guide who will explain how to interact with the manatees. Then, head to the pool where you’ll hang out with the manatees and even get a chance to feed one.
The Manatee Encounter lasts about 30 minutes.
Your ticket also includes access to Chankanaab Park where you can enjoy the beach amenities and stroll through the gardens. You’ll have access to the pool, lockers and showers. And, enjoy a buffet lunch with non-alcoholic beverages as well.
Note: There are height restrictions for this encounter. Smaller children will need a paying adult to join them for the Manatee Encounter.
- ADDRESS: Cozumel National Reef Marine Park at Chankanaab, C2V4+GPF Holliday Cozumel, Quintana Roo
- RESTRICTIONS: Sunscreen is not allowed as it is harmful to the manatees. Cameras are not allowed.
- TICKETS: Purchase tickets online in advance. (FREE cancellation. See terms at booking.) $69 per person over age 5.
This Cozumel shore excursion does not include transportation to the beach, but taxis are readily available and it’s a quick 10 minute cab ride to Chankanaab. And, since this is a tourist area, it’s easy to get a ride back to the ship.
Sea Lion Discovery Program at Chankanaab
The Sea Lion Discovery Program at Chankanaab Beach Adventure Park is both a fun and educational Cozumel shore excursion.
Your day begins with learning about sea lions and the importance of preserving their natural habitat.
Then, you’ll get a chance to visit and play with the sea lions who love to share their energy and joy with the people who visit them. Enjoy your personal interaction with the sea lions before heading to Chankanaab Park to enjoy its amenities at your own pace.
Tickets include a sea lion experience, plus use of the pool, lockers, showers and the gardens of Chankanaab. Tickets also include a buffet lunch and non-alcoholic beverage.
- ADDRESS: Chankanaab Beach Adventure Park check-in kiosk, C2V4+GPF Holliday Cozumel, Quintana Roo
- RESTRICTIONS: Not for pregnant women or guests under 4’4″ tall. Sunscreen is not allowed in the Sea Lion area. Cameras are not allowed in the water with the sea lions.
- TICKETS: Purchase tickets online in advance. Print ticket to present at the check-in kiosk. (FREE cancellation. See terms at booking.
This Cozumel shore excursion does not include transportation to the beach, but taxis are readily available and it’s a quick 10 minute cab ride to Chankanaab Beach Adventure Park. And, since this is a tourist area, it’s easy to get a ride back to the ship.
Cozumel Island: Half-Day Private Jeep Tour and Eco Park. Enjoy a private, six hour tour in an air conditioned Jeep as you explore two of Cozumel’s eco parks: Punta Sur and Chankanaab. This tour includes an English speaking guide who shares the island’s history, museum admission, snorkeling, a traditional lunch at the beach club, a full cooler of beverages and much more! Click here to learn more about this six hour Cozumel tour.
Cozumel Food Tours: Eat where the locals eat! This three hour tour takes you on a food journey through San Miguel. You’ll enjoy home-cooked Yucatecan food, sample Latin American empanadas, visit a traditional Mexican marketplace and learn about traditional Mexican cuisine. This tour takes you away from the touristy restaurants to experience authentic dishes where island locals dine. Click here to learn more about this food tour of Cozumel.
Whether you’re visiting Cozumel on a Mexico vacation or planning a Cozumel shore excursion for your cruise, it’s a beautiful island rich in history and natural beauty. We hope this list of Cozumel shore excursions gives you some great ideas for your vacation.
If you liked this post, you’ll also enjoy:
- Cruise Essentials: Extras to take your cruise from good to great.
- The ultimate 7 day cruise packing list (with FREE printable).
- Cruising 101: Your shore excursion questions answered.